Are You Working for a Dictator?
Do you ever feel like your workplace is similar to a kingdom or a fiefdom? That your boss might be more dictatorial than democratic? On today’s episode of Getting Ethics to Work, Andy and Kate discuss the sometimes alarming parallels between businesses and governments. On this episode and every episode, we dig into the complicated moral issues people face in the workplace.
- Getting Ethics to Work episode with Professor Elizabeth Anderson, “BS Jobs and the Protestant Work Ethic“
- Elizabeth Anderson’s book, Private Government
- Joshua Rothman’s review of Private Government
- Are you being taken Boss-tage?
- Connections between democracy and happiness
- Quote from Alison Green, in answer to question #3
- Situational Leadership Theory
- Stakeholder Theory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakeholder_theory
- B Corporation (certification)
- Getting Ethics to Work episode on B-Corps
- Servant LeadershipIf you have a workplace dilemma you need some help with, send your story to our producer Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access this episode’s transcript here.
Thanks to Smallbox for designing our logo and website. Thank you to Brian Price for editing and mixing each episode.
“Brass Buttons” by Blue Dot Sessions
CC BY-NC 4.0
To contact us, email email@example.com